The technological consulting service focuses on designing client’s business processes and implementing client’s requirements with CBOSS products. The service may be offered both on the initial deployment and at the production phase. Depending on project purposes, the service may cover all or selected business processes.
Technological Consulting is designed to:
- Optimize expenditures and streamline business processes and CBOSS technologies to meet the revenue targets
- Fully accommodate the client’s business requirements.
During the technological consulting project, CBOSS experts perform the following tasks:
- Engineer B&OSS business processes. This involves design and automation of the client’s workflow based on the CBOSS solution, the client's concept and business requirements, and standard libraries.
- Provide consultations to automate business processes and implement client’s requirements. Consultants define the Client’s business requirements for a process (e.g. Sales and Ordering, Credit Control, etc.) or VAS product, and propose optimum implementation in the CBOSS solution.
- Develop technological instructions for the Client’s staff. CBOSS experts prepare guidelines for business operations and maintenance procedures.
- Develop requirements for staff and organizational structure. The client may be procured with requirements for organizational provisioning of the business processes.
During the implementation projects, CBOSS consultants adapt product technologies to the client’s business requirements. Following the client’s requirements at technological support of implementation, consultants may perform all or selected tasks outlined above.
Product Development Support for the Client
For every operator, introducing a new marketing product, e.g. a new service, tariff, loyalty program or marketing campaign, has several phases:
- Requirements definition by the marketing and other departments
- Requirements feasibility analysis (in the current IT solution)
- Selecting the optimum implementation option
- Consultations between the client’s and contractor’s departments
- Modifying the requirements based on the consultations result, etc.
The parties involved in the process often face many iterations at each phase, which may delay the service launch. Delays may be due to failure to meet the deadlines set for approvals and revisions, unexpected feasibility issues etc. This may result in substantial project cost growth and efficiency degradation.
CBOSS offers the Product Development Support service designed to resolve the above issues and reduce technical and organizational risks for the telco. The service is focused on using CBOSS tools for efficient, system-based implementation of the Client’s business requirements for its marketing products.
Product Development Support service provides the following benefits to the CBOSS client:
- Minimize time-to-market for new services and marketing campaigns
- Ensure product feasibility with a perfect match between the result and original ideas
- Reduce the cost of technological solution by selecting the optimal implementation path
- Ensure efficient expenditure model
- CBOSS’ liability for product implementation (if ordered with the Customization service).
Service implementation technology.
The Product Development Support service offers to the operator analytical consultants to coordinate new product launch and perform the following tasks:
- Analyze marketing plans of the client and provide consultations on technologies of the installed CBOSS solutions, considering similar product experience in other companies
- Assist in agreeing the plan of product implementation
- Analyze the feasibility of client’s concepts and business requirements
- Assist in preparing product requirements documentation
- Assist in estimating labor and time required to launch the products and services
- Analyze and enable approval of CBOSS software products revisions (if necessary). Estimate labor and time required to implement such revisions
- Describe settings needed to implement functional requirements for the system, in view of the system configuration and client's specifics
- Coordinate the activities of the Client’s Marketing, IT, Billing and other departments involved in implementation and launch of the product or service
Product Development Support service role in implementing business requirements.
The Technological Consultant service is designed for the clients requiring detailed instructions on technical implementation of products and marketing campaigns.
In this case, the consultant performs the following tasks:
- Analyze the client’s business and functional requirements for the system, in view of technical feasibility and configurability of the client’s system
- Assist in adjusting and defining the functional requirements
- Analyze and enable approval of CBOSS software products revisions (if necessary)
- Describe requirements implementation in view of the system configuration and client specifics (or review and correct the description prepared by the client)
- Prepare step-by-step instruction on system configuration to implement a marketing campaign or product (or review and correct the instruction prepared by the client).
Then the changes may be applied to the client’s testing or production system by the CBOSS experts (under the Customization service).
- Fast time-to-market for the product or campaign to drive additional revenue
- Optimum expenditures to increase ROI.
Below is the catalog of works which may be included in the Product Development Support and Technological Consultant services. While ordering a consulting project, the client may choose the works necessary.
|Work||Product Development Support||Technological Consultant||Customization|
|1. Analyze marketing plans of the client and provide consultations on technologies of the installed CBOSS solutions, considering similar product experience in other companies||+|
|2. Assist in agreeing the plan of product implementation||+|
|3. Analyze the feasibility of client’s concepts and business requirements||+||+|
|4. Develop the functional requirements for the system. Assist in preparing product requirements documentation||+||+|
|5. Assist in estimating labor and time required to launch the products and services||+|
|6. Describe requirements implementation in view of the system configuration and client specifics (or review and correct the description prepared by the client)||+||+|
|7. Analyze and enable approval of CBOSS software products revisions (if necessary). Estimate labor and time required to implement such revisions||+||+|
|8. Prepare step-by-step instruction on system configuration||+||+||+|
|9. Prepare the testing plan to verify the changes applied (or review and correct the testing plan prepared by the client)||+||+||+|
|10. Coordinate the activities of the Client’s Marketing, IT, Billing and other departments involved in implementation and launch of the product or service||+|
|11. CBOSS experts change settings in the testing and production system||+|
|12. Apply the changes to the testing and production system||+|
|13. Prepare the plan to roll back the changes||+|